Launch the Future
Northern Virginia’s Science Center
The new 70,000+ square-foot science center will be located on donated land at the Kincora development in the heart of the Dulles Technology Corridor. It will feature:
- Large-scale STEM-focused interactive exhibits for hands-on exploration for visitors aged 1 to 101
- Themed experience zones, space for temporary exhibits, classrooms and gathering spaces that fill a gap in education accessibility in STEM learning
- Highly efficient and visitor accessible centered design to showcase the community and identity of Northern Virginia as a technology hub
- Direct access to nature, utilizing over 150 acres of parkland and nature trails
A pivotal public-private partnership with the Science Museum of Virginia, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and Loudoun County, along with a leading gift from Northwest Federal Credit Union brings the expertise and resources that will enable significant growth and long-term sustainability. Northern Virginia’s science center will be an extension of the Science Museum of Virginia, a state-wide organization, and will be a first-of-a-kind for the region, serving as a bridge to STEM accessibility and encouraging all visitors to look at the world through the lens of science. With partner contributions, $65 million of the total project cost has already been committed.
We invite you to Launch the Future with us!
How can you help?
- Contact our team to share information on philanthropic resources to help complete the campaign by December 2020.
- Attend an Inspiration Tour to learn about our mission and vision.
- Consider a sustaining gift as a member of the Founders Society Giving Circle and support the mission of the Children’s Science Center.
- Follow us on social media: Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
In the News
- Press Event December 4, 2019: Press Release
- Press Event December 4, 2019: Speaker Bios
- Fact Sheets: Children’s Science Center, Science Museum of Virginia, Northwest Federal Credit Union
- Future Science Center Renderings: Exterior, Interior
Jenn Brunner, Director of Advancement
Margaret Cartier, Campaign Manager
Dorothy Ready, Director of Communications