Help us instill a lifelong love of STEM learning in all children! Children’s Science Center appreciates your charitable contribution of any size.
As a 501(c)(3) organization, your gift is fully tax deductible. 50% of our operating revenue is received each year through generous gifts from individuals, businesses, foundations and community organizations. Together, we fulfill our mission to instill a lifelong love of learning STEM in all children by providing unique opportunities to explore, create, and be inspired. Learn more about major milestones in the Center’s 2016 Annual Report.
Make an online donation now using our secure online donation form. Explore our special giving opportunities:
- Founders Society – Become a member of the Founders Society!
- Element Benefactors – Be an Element of success!
- $750 to pay for activity materials for two school field trips at the Lab.
- $500 to cover educational supplies at one Family Science Night event at a Title I school.
- $250 to fund a Lab STEM-Educator for one month of Budding Scientist programs for preschoolers.
- $100 to support a group of 10 at-risk children for a field trip to the Lab.
- $50 to buy new tools to inspire open-ended design challenges in the Tinker Shop at the Lab
STEM Starter Fund
The STEM Starter Fund provides scholarships to economically disadvantaged families, school and community groups to experience the excitement of interactive STEM at the Children’s Science Center’s Lab. A core component of our non-profit mission is to reach all children with unique opportunities to explore and create and each year we rely on the generosity of hundreds of donors who contribute 50% of our annual revenue.
The STEM Starter Fund is changing the impact of informal learning each year enabling us to directly serve thousands of visitors; collaborate with service non-profits such as Shelter House and Cornerstones, and engage groups from preschools and elementary schools across our community with hands-on fun STEM experiences at the Lab.
- Subsidized Lab Admissions for over 2,000 (and counting) students and teachers through engaging field trips and group visits. Visits by elementary schools, afterschool program groups, and preschools make up the majority of our field trips. For 35% of the students in the region who qualify as at-risk, a field trip to a science center is almost out of reach. The STEM Starter Fund make these experiences possible every day.
- Providing Family Membership scholarships for families who would not otherwise be able to enjoy a year’s worth of family visits to the Lab.
- Partial transportation subsidies. Many of our non-profit partners and Title I schools do not have enough resources to get to the Lab. Transportation among these groups is a significant challenge and the STEM Starter Fund was able to overcome this barrier for several groups.
Consider becoming a champion for STEM learning with a donation of $1, $2 or more to the STEM Starter Fund.
Thank you for inspiring our next generation of innovators!
Support the Children’s Science Center when you shop on AmazonSmile! AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the Center.
Did you know that many companies match donations made by their employees to our organization? Check with your HR department to see if your donation can be doubled!
For further information about donations, sponsorship, matching gifts and other recognition opportunities: