The Children’s Science Center Lab is even more fun when you are part of a scheduled Field Trip! Your students can explore science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) concepts through fun, engaging hands-on exhibits and activities.
Field Trips are designed for Pre-K to 6th grade levels in school classes, day schools, home school groups, after-school care, summer schools and other educational organizations that want a structured itinerary. Field trips are scheduled in two-hour or 90 minute blocks including 15 minutes for check-in and 15 minutes for check-out/departure. The Field Trip consists of staff supported hands-on learning activities including:
- Perform a pre-selected experiment in the Experiment Bar
- Design a pre-selected engineering challenge in the Tinker Shop
- Explore of interactive exhibits in the Inspiration Hub
- Experience an Animal Encounter available Tuesday-Thursday for an additional fee
Expert Facilitation by Experienced Educators
Our STEM Educators will facilitate hands-on activities with the assistance of your chaperones. Our team will also assist with check-in/out and rotating your group through our Lab Experience Zones.
Admission and Scheduling
|Admission||$11 per student or chaperone. Free admission is included for teachers.|
|Deposit||$100 or 20% of total, whichever is greater, non-refundable deposit. Balance due on or before arrival.
|During the School Year|
Monday thru Thursday: Large Groups
Friday: Small Groups (under 30)
|During Summer Vacation
Groups of 30 or less
| Pre-K: 1 chaperone per 4 students
Grades K to 2: 1 chaperone per 6 students
Grades 3 to 5: 1 chaperone per 7 students
Grades 6 to 8: 1 chaperone per 8 students
|• Large classes may require multiple visits, consisting of a subgroup of students to accommodate the entire class.
• Lab memberships cannot be used for field trips.
• Chaperones are not permitted to bring siblings on the field trip.
• The Children’s Science Center Lab may limit a field trip’s size when scheduled during peak visitation times, such as school holidays.
• Other times may be considered on special request.
|Reminder||Your Field Trip request is not confirmed until a Children’s Science Center team member confirms your date and your deposit is received.
Please read our Program Policies and Consumer Agreement.
|Questions?||Email email@example.com or call 703-648-3130.|