- This event has passed.
Under the Sea!
Monday June 17 at 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Monday through Friday from 9am to 3pm (Rising Grades 1-4). After Care from 3pm – 5pm is available when purchased in advance for $125 for the week.
Explore the world below the waves in Under the Sea. This week, we will dive into the sea as we learn about the various aquatic ecosystems, exploring the ocean zones, marine animals, coral reefs, and more! Each day campers will experience a different creature of the deep in an animal encounter with one of our aquatic animals living right here in the lab.
In Under the Sea, children will:
- Dive far into the ocean zones, going all the way down to the deepest depth, the Mariana Trench, by making take homes models, dioramas, and their own coral polyp.
- Sea the difference they can make in their homes and schools to protect our oceans and all the creatures that live within it!
- Wave hello to a variety of sea creatures, while learning about their unique adaptations, like bioluminescence, the ability to glow in the dark.
- Fish the seabed and use sonar to create a map of their own ocean floor.
- Set sail and create an under-water robot designed to save the oceans.
Participants must bring their own nut-free lunch and snack. A complimentary pizza lunch will be provided on the last day of the camp.
This is a drop-off program. Participants and one caregiver are invited to explore the Lab after camp hours free of charge. Additional family members may purchase their General Admission ticket at the door or in advance. Children must be accompanied by an adult while enjoying the Lab exhibit areas.