- This event has passed.
Thursday July 18 at 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until Friday July 19, 2019
Monday through Friday from 9am to 3pm (Rising Grades 1-4). After Care from 3pm – 5pm is available when purchased in advance for $125 for the week.
Get ready to go on a journey into the outer reaches of our solar system as you join us for Space Out! This camp will explore the planets of the solar system, learning about their atmosphere, moons, gravity, and of course, the sun! Campers will discover the technology behind telescopes, space monitoring, and space travel, while creating their own inventions along the way.
In Space Out!, campers will:
• Discover our own planet, Earth, by examining soil samples, experimenting with magnets, and playing with gravity!
• Uncover the mysteries behind our sun, moon, and stars with hands-on activities and take-home models!
• Explore each planet of our solar system by experimenting with densities and atmospheres, and testing out what it would be like to live on each planet.
• Engineer their own outer space technology while exploring the use of mirrors in telescopes and the science behind rocket ships!
• Create an alien with planet specific adaptations, after studying the possibility of extraterrestrial life, and tools NASA uses to monitor signs of life.
Participants must bring their own nut-free lunch and snack. A complimentary pizza lunch will be provided on the last day of the camp.
This is a drop-off program. Participants and one caregiver are invited to explore the Lab after camp hours free of charge. Additional family members may purchase their General Admission ticket at the door or in advance. Children must be accompanied by an adult while enjoying the Lab exhibit areas.