SciGirls© in Action
Friday June 28 at 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until Friday June 28, 2019
Monday through Friday from 9am to 3pm (Rising Grades 1-4). After Care from 3pm – 5pm is available when purchased in advance for $125 for the week.
“SciGirls®, we need you!” This camp has a little bit of everything. Campers will watch a SciGirls® episode at the beginning of each day then tackle a challenge presented in that video.
In SciGirls® in Action, campers will:
• Concoct their own granola bar recipe after learning about the importance of nutrition.
• Explore astronomical topics by creating myths of their own constellations and battling light pollution.
• Solve the mystery of the missing mask by collecting trace evidence, analyzing clues, and making observations.
• Delve into underwater robotics by working with and modifying a SeaPerch (an underwater Remotely Operated Vehicle).
• Design, plan, and build a model animal habitat.
Participants must bring their own nut-free lunch and snack. A complimentary pizza lunch will be provided on the last day of the camp.
This is a drop-off program. Participants and one caregiver are invited to explore the Lab after camp hours free of charge. Additional family members may purchase their General Admission ticket at the door or in advance. Children must be accompanied by an adult while enjoying the Lab exhibit areas.